Gluten Free Pasta Recipe - Alfredo Sauce

October 08, 2019
gluten free sauce recipeA couple of weeks ago Dayna mentioned she'd like to know how to make alfredo sauce. Well, I learned! I was intimidated because I've heard cheese sauces are tricky but it's super easy.

There are 2 versions I've tried: a regular one and a lower-fat one that was less rich but still tasty.

For the regular one, use:

1/4 c. butter
1 c. heavy cream
1 clove of minced garlic or a shake of garlic powder
1 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese

I heated the butter, garlic, and cream on med-low heat until the butter melted, then stirred in the cheese until it melted. Threw in a bunch of cracked pepper, a few shakes of salt, and a splash of the wine I was drinking. I let it heat for a minute, while stirring, and served it over penne rice pasta since those are the only noodles I had. I sprinkled some parsley over it one time, and some Italian seasonings another time. Both tasted good.

For the lower fat one, I used:

3 T. butter
2 T. flour mix
1 c. milk
same amounts of garlic & cheeses

I melted the butter, then stirred in the flour until it formed a paste. I slowly stirred in the milk and heated that up for a minute. I threw in the cheese and other ingredients the same way as before. If you are drinking wine (as I do when I cook), splash a bit of that in too. The wine will help to keep the mixture smooth. Since it's a white sauce I would use white wine. Put it over pasta and enjoy!

Oh- for a non-veggie version, saute some chicken in a bit of olive oil and Italian seasonings and toss that with the sauce before you serve it.

--------------
9 COMMENTS:
Anonymous said...
you. are. the BEST!

I have canned alfredo for this week but will try that next time. YAY!!!
-Dayna

AUGUST 20, 2019 3:47 PM
Anonymous said...
So I finally made the alfredo and... omg YUM! better than any jarred alfredo I've ever had
-Dayna

JANUARY 26, 2019 10:11 PM
Jonesy said...
I just made this for about the third time, and I wanted to let you know how much we love it in our family. So simple and rich. Yum.

MARCH 2, 2019 8:19 PM
Anonymous said...
Made this tonight. Poured it over some GF corn pasta and some bacon. Delicious. Thank you.

JULY 16, 2019 1:48 AM
Jen said...
What's the "flour mix" you use to make the roux for the lower-fat version? I have some quinoa flour, brown rice flour, and coconut flour at home. Would any of those (or a combination of those) work? I'm new to the gluten-free world, and I am wary about which flours will work in certain recipes!

APRIL 30, 2019 6:36 PM
Emily Tapio said...
I'm 12 and GF and it was my turn to make dinner so i found this recipe made it added chicken breasts and noodles OMG that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good my whole family asked for the recipe.

AUGUST 14, 2018 8:49 PM
Mello said...
mine's on its way - I'll letcha know how things go! :D

SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 8:25 PM
Mello said...
IT IS AMAZING! I also added some Caribbean spices and a lot more garlic. It is to DIE for :D

SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 9:03 PM
Anonymous said...
Oh, my.God! like this was the best thing I've had in a long time. freakin delish! I made it exactly as you did w/the wine and pepper and salt over gluten-free Fettucine noodles with garlic/salt/pepper in butter browned chicken bites and broccoli! ugh. I cannot ever make this again though, so freakin fattening-ONLY for special occasions. will try the low-fat version next time. it rules!

DECEMBER 8, 2018 12:19 AM

Artikel Terkait

Previous
Next Post »