Gluten Free Pancakes Recipe Easy CornMeal

October 08, 2019
It has been a long time since I had breakfast for dinner. There is just something better about pancakes at dinnertime. My husband and I have made a lot of different pancake mixes since going gluten-free, but we have not found one we really like yet. I hear Pamela’s is great, so I am going to order a pack of her mixes for my pantry really soon. Since I didn’t have a mix for tonight’s meal, I searched for a recipe for traditional buckwheat pancakes but settled on making cornmeal pancakes instead. Bob’s Red Mill Cornmeal had a recipe on the bag, but I did not have that much rice flour on hand. I did a quick search and found this awesome recipe on Mary Engelbreit’s site. I used rice flour instead of whole wheat to make it gluten-free. The pancakes were delicious!

gluten free pancakes recipe
Cornmeal Pancakes Gluten Free





CORNMEAL PANCAKES

2 cups stoneground yellow cornmeal, medium grain
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, rice flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, beat the buttermilk, water, oil, and egg with a fork until blended. Add to the cornmeal mixture and mix until lumps are eliminated.
Lightly oil a griddle and heat over medium heat. For each pancake, the recipe recommends pouring about a 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle. I made my pancakes slightly larger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until brown. Turn the pancakes and cook for about 2 minutes longer, or until browned on the second side. I kept my pancakes warm in the oven. My pancakes cooked a little faster than this on med. heat. I had to be quick on my toes with a toddler in tow!

Artikel Terkait

Previous
Next Post »